YOUR NEXT GREAT HIRE AWAITS.
The Funeral Service Foundation, in partnership with the ICCFA Educational Foundation, offers the landmark initiative, Journey to Serve, which is designed to connect US and Canadian military veterans with careers through the funeral service profession.
INVITE THEM TO SERVE
A veteran’s commitment to serve doesn’t end when their service ends. Help them reprise their call of duty in a funeral service career that values the characteristics revered in every branch of our military. Respect. Mission focus. Commitment to community.
Visit JourneyToServe.com to download a free toolkit designed to help you hire veterans for your funeral service business. Curated with all funeral service and deathcare professionals in mind, the toolkit includes a variety of customizable resources available for download.
The free resources include:
- Customizable print and digital ads
- Customizable radio and podcast spots in :30 and :60 lengths
- Moving video explaining the natural fit between veterans and funeral service
- Testimonials from veterans already working in the funeral service profession
- Social media post templates
- Customizable flyers and postcards
- Slide decks for use when speaking to veterans’ groups
- Key messaging documents and FAQs
Also available is a hyperlocal Facebook marketing campaign option, which can be used to recruit veterans in your area for specific positions with the help of an experienced social media team.
The Funeral Service Foundation and the ICCFA Educational Foundation also award two $5,000 academic scholarships each year to US and Canadian military veterans to help offset the costs associated with pursuing a career in funeral service and deathcare. The annual scholarships are equally funded by both organizations. Two Hunter M. Harbeson Memorial Scholarships also provide $2,500 in academic support to qualified US veterans.