JOIN THE FOUNDATION TEAM!
We’re Hiring a Director of Development!
Responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive plan to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors to the Funeral Service Foundation that meaningfully engages and motivates donors to meet annual fund development goals and the strategic plan of the organization.
- Create and implement year-round, integrated campaigns focused on mid-level donors including: peer-to-peer; annual fund and end-of-year campaigns; matching gifts; crowdfunding; monthly giving campaigns and fundraising via special events.
- Manage the donor-facing portions of the Foundation website to improve the overall donor experience and ensure state-of-the-art digital giving.
- Create materials and campaign plans for a Planned Giving Campaign to be used in conjunction with the Executive Director and Foundation volunteers.
- Organize and analyze existing donor data to determine trends and create campaigns that increase repeat donor ratio; acknowledge and engage new donors; and increase donor involvement.
- Oversee donor stewardship process at all giving levels and use fundraising best practices to acknowledge gifts.
- In collaboration with the Foundation and NFDA teams, execute a Convention Donor Reception that communicates the mission of the Foundation and enthusiastically stewards donors to encourage ongoing giving.
- Create collateral material and prospectus documents for major gift asks for use by Fund Development Committee, Foundation Trustees, and Executive Director.
- Participate in major gift ask planning and execution as needed.
- Ensure pledges are tracked and invoiced; including recognition for fulfilled pledges.
- Assist Executive Director with lead generation and prospect research for major giving.
- Serve as staff liaison for Fund Development Committee; including but not limited to agenda writing; collaboration with committee chair; writing of meeting minutes and tracking of projects.
- Support the goals and objectives of the Foundation’s and Association’s strategic plans.
- In collaboration with Executive Director, develop fundraising budget and monitor expenses against budget.
- Seek and maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in funeral service.
- Represent the Foundation at the Convention and other meetings, as needed.
- Promote and assist in carrying out the Foundations’ mission, vision and goals in a manner consistent with the Foundation’s stated values.
- Exhibit flexibility while infusing creative and innovative approaches to all projects and events.
- Participate in strategic leadership, management and special project teams, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Non-Profit Management, Business, Communications, English or similar field along with 3-5 years of fundraising experience OR 8-10 years of high-level fundraising experience is required, preferably in an association/non-profit environment. Minimum of 5 years of experience in high-level fundraising in a national capacity is strongly desired. Experience with a donor management system required, Donor Perfect desired. Experience with website maintenance required, WordPress desired. Experience with campaign development and execution is required. Outstanding organizational, oral and written communication, attention to detail and proficiency in computer-based environment utilizing Microsoft applications are essential. Must be a team player and able to build consensus with a diverse group of individuals as well as ability to meet deadlines, work independently and as part of a team. Some travel is required.
Those interested should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lee Wiensch, CFRE
Lee Wiensch is responsible for all facets of the Foundation’s operation and administration. She works with the Board of Trustees to set direction for grantmaking, fund development, strategic planning, communication, industry outreach, financial planning and leadership development. Lee also leads Foundation collaboration and integration with the National Funeral Directors Association.
Director of Communication
Kelly Manion is responsible for communication and outreach around all Foundation activities including grantmaking, scholarships, fund development and special projects. Kelly also leads partnerships with grantee organizations, and oversees the development and marketing of Foundation resources.
Heather Stampfli is responsible for the Foundation’s scholarship and grant application and review processes. Heather also manages donor stewardship, donor records and the Foundation’s day-to-day operational functions.
MEET THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The Board of Trustees is made up of men and women from across the profession whose participation is based solely upon a belief in – and commitment to – the Foundation’s mission to support funeral service in building meaningful relationships with the families and the communities it serves.