The Funeral Service Foundation is proud to offer up to 150 scholarships to NFDA’s Virtual Professional Women’s Conference. Funeral service professionals and students who identify as female or non-binary are eligible to apply for a scholarship, valued at up to $249.
For Immediate Release: March 8, 2021
Contact: Jessica Koth, 262-814-1536, firstname.lastname@example.org
NFDA Professional Women’s Conference Goes Virtual
The virtual conference’s dynamic expert-led sessions and networking opportunities are more accessible than ever thanks to 150 scholarships from the Funeral Service Foundation.
Brookfield, Wis. – The National Funeral Directors Association invites women in the funeral service profession to attend the 2021 Virtual Professional Women’s Conference on April 7 and 8. While the conference may be virtual this year, NFDA’s innovative event platform will offer the ideal setting for
funeral directors, educators, students and suppliers to generate new ideas, fuel personal and professional growth, and connect with other funeral service professionals. The Funeral Service Foundation is making the profession’s premier event for women more accessible than ever with 150 scholarships.
Powerhouse Education Sessions
- April 7
- Prospecting to Women Influencers presented by Jodi Clock, Clock Funeral Home
- The Future of Funeral Service is Emotional presented by Jason Troyer, Ph.D.
- The Millennial Funeral Director presented by Leili McMurrough, Worsham College
- April 8
- Inside the Courthouse presented by Michael Sharkey, attorney and funeral director
- Concurrent Sessions – choose from
- Can We Talk? Helpful Embalming Tips presented by Tawnia Steinhoff, The Dodge Company
- Creating Small Moments of Ceremony During the Initial Transfer presented by Angela Woosely, founder, Inspired Journeys
- What Holds Us Back at Work: How to Communicate with Colleagues, Managers and Clients presented by Dr. Meg Myers Morgan, associate professor and author
Attendees will be able to chat with fellow attendees and speakers during education sessions. Select sessions will feature a live Q&A with speakers.
Engaging Discussions and Networking
There is more to the 2021 Virtual Professional Women’s Conference than just outstanding education. NFDA is planning engaging networking and social sessions. Attendees can participate in one-on-one video chats during which they can connect with old friends and make new ones. In the networking lounges, attendees will be able to join “tables” to for discussions with topics ranging from the latest happenings in the profession to more lighthearted subjects. NFDA will also host an action-packed virtual scavenger hunt on April 8 during which attendees can win fantastic prizes.
The Funeral Service Foundation is offering up to 150 scholarships to qualified applicants to attend this year’s Virtual Professional Women’s Conference. Funeral service professionals and students who identify as female or non-binary are eligible to apply for a scholarship, valued at up to $249. Candidates are required to answer two essay questions in no more than 250 words per question:
- Discuss how your role to serve families safely and compassionately has evolved in the last year.
- Your interest in this scholarship illustrates your drive to continually learn. What are you most looking forward to, or hoping to learn from the virtual conference?
Complete requirements and the application form are available online. The application will remain open until April 1, or until all scholarships have been awarded. Those who have already registered for the conference may apply, and recipients will be notified by email.
Registration is Now Open
Attendees must register for the 2021 Virtual Professional Women’s Conference by April 2. Registration fees are:
- Member licensed funeral director: $199
- Nonmember licensed funeral director: $249
- Second registrant from the same organization: $175
- Student (accredited funeral service education program): $50
Complete details about the 2021 Virtual Professional Women’s Conference are available online, or by calling 800-228-6332 (262-789-1880).
NFDA is the world’s leading and largest funeral service association, serving more than 20,000 individual members who represent nearly 11,000 funeral homes in the United States and 49 countries around the world. NFDA is the trusted leader, beacon for ethics and the strongest advocate for the profession. NFDA is the association of choice because it offers funeral professionals comprehensive educational resources, tools to manage successful businesses, guidance to become pillars in their communities and the expertise to foster future generations of funeral professionals. NFDA is headquartered in Brookfield, Wis., and has an office in Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.nfda.org.
# # #