NFDA’s Professional Women’s Conference offers women of funeral service an opportunity come together to network, collaborate and learn from one another. The 2017 Conference will be held April 7-9, at Franklin Marriott Cool Springs in Franklin, Tennessee.
Since 2002 generous donor support has allowed the Foundation award scholarships to help bring together the women of funeral service who are making a difference in the profession and in the communities they serve.
How is the Professional Women’s Conference Scholarship funded?
- This longstanding opportunity is funded through the support of donors who recognized a need to support women in the profession who are making a true impact.
What does the professional development scholarship cover?
- If selected, your scholarship covers registration fees, and you will also receive (up to) a $1,000 travel and accommodation stipend.
Am I eligible for this scholarship?
- The scholarship is open to women who are verifiably employed in funeral service or a related occupation; or a student of funeral service enrolled in an ABFSE-accredited program.
- Past recipients of Funeral Service Foundation scholarships for the NFDA Professional Women’s Conference are ineligible.
- Scholarships will be awarded without regard to race, religious beliefs, age, national origin, or disability.
What is the application process?
- Those interested must submit an application, which includes answering four essay questions.
- The essay component should not exceed 2,000 words.
- 2017 Applications now accepted. Deadline: February 15
How are recipients selected?
- Recipients are selected by the Foundation’s Grants Committee, which is made up of members of the Board of Trustees and other members of the funeral service profession.
What is the Application Deadline?
- February 15. Online submissions only.
Scholarship Terms & Guidelines
- This scholarship is intend for women of funeral service only.
- Scholarships are not renewawable and a candidate may only receive this award once.
- Recipients are required to attend all conference functions, and should plan travel accordingly.
- If unable to attend designated scholarship events, the scholarship recipient will forfeit her scholarship for that year, but may apply in subsequent years.
- All scholarships are subject to available funds.
- All award decisions of the Funeral Service Foundation are final.
- Alternates may be selected in the event that a scholarship recipient decides not to accept the award.
- Only completed applications will be considered. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- The Funeral Service Foundation reserves the right to eliminate from consideration incomplete applications without further notice to the applicant.